Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Battle Is Not Mine


We are in a battle Saints and we must be alert, armed and ready to protect that which Satan seeks to kill, steal and destroy. He aims most at our marriages, our children, our family and friendships. He is cunning and he wants to destroy those relationships that bind the church.

Before I met Walter I prayed to the Lord for my husband. I know this is my man, the one God chose for me. God uses our marriage to refine us; to improve, polish and purify us by pruning and draw us unto Him. This process is not easy; it calls for much humility, prayer and obedience even when I don't want to. And it is in those times of weakness and or disobedience when Satan will attack.

We must be aware of Satan's schemes and tactics and arm ourselves with the Word of God. During our season of attack I am faithful to read the Bible and pray. I cry out to the Lord in honesty, in hope of His deliverance, not just from the heat of the battle, but deliverance from my flesh because I recognize when I am weak, I am vulnerable.

I am grateful to God for His protection and His provisions. He is wise to the wiles of Satan. God honors my prayers, even my groanings for He has proclaimed victory over me, over us. My job is to seek God, to trust Him and ultimately to obey, He will do the rest. My friend when you find yourself engaged in spiritual warfare meditate on God's promise for victory, "...Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed...for the battle is not yours, but God's," 2 Chronicles 20:15. The scripture goes on to say, "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the Lord with you...fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the Lord will be with you", 2 Chronicles 20:17. This is when we are to trust God with all our heart and in submission unto Him begin to worship and praise the Lord for the victory.

Have you experienced God's grace in the midst of spiritual warfare?

No comments:

Post a Comment