Friday, June 24, 2011

Virtue Family Fun Camp Is Not Just For Kids


About 14 years ago God laid it upon my heart to invite women to my home for dessert, a message and sweet fellowship. This was the beginning of the ministry Virtue. I opened my home for this occasion once a month for probably 3 years. Then the Lord lead me to have a bible study for women and their children at my home once a week. As a home school mom of multiple children this was feasible and enjoyable for our whole family. Even my husband enjoyed having the families attend each Monday. As time went on and we were blessed with more children the Lord lead me in a different direction and that was to have a family fun camp which would include a bible study or a book study for the moms, prayer and fellowship for 9 weeks in the summer.

This is my fifth year for Virtue Family Fun Camp and I am always excited to see what God will do each year. For the children camp includes a book assignment and book review, a craft and an outdoor activity each week and for the moms this year we are doing a book discussion and review on Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard our prayer focus is "Home Sweet Home".

My children and I look forward to Virtue each week. It gives us an opportunity to have sweet fellowship with other families. We are able to reconnect and learn and grow together for a season. Each week we encourage one another. I really enjoy having lunch together and doing crafts with our children, together. It reminds me of a village of women doing life together. I also enjoy the book discussions and prayer. There is just something about being vulnerable with my sisters in Christ that inspires me to stay the course. Sometimes we are fortunate enough to meet a new family at the park and invite them join us.

What family activities are doing this summer to reconnect with your friends and make new ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment