Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Coupons 102...Saving Big At The Drug Stores


I save so much when I shop at the drug stores each week. There is a sign posted in the entryway of the CVS I shop at and it reads CVS, Extra Care Bucks pays you back... not only does it pay you back it can also allow you to profit! This evening I really hit it big! I purchased $22.75 worth of merchandise for just $3.45, that is about an 84% savings AND I received $8 in Extra Care Bucks that I can use on my next purchase. So yes, actually I MADE money on this shopping trip. As I always say..."it's not how you make...it's how much money you spend".

For those of you who are not familiar with CVS, they have a great rewards program. Now, there is a strategy to saving so much money. To get started up must first sign up for the Extra Care Card which is used when making your purchases at the store. Each quarter the amount you spend in the store is totaled, giving you back a reward, Extra Care Bucks. Each buck has a monetary value. In addition, there are weekly ECB sales and when you purchase these items you are given an ECB reward. These rewards are printed at the bottom of your receipt and can be used on your next purchase like cash. I plan my purchases so that I am making two or more purchases each week and use my ECBs from the first purchase to buy my next purchase of items that will grant me more ECBs. This allows me to spend very little, if any cash from my pocket.

When I discovered this new way to shop I was so intrigued and I purposed myself to learn more so I could be a good steward of God's provisions. I have acquired many FREE items and have shared the abundance with others. Can you believe it? A family of eleven, on one income has an enough items for themselves and some to give away...that's God!

How do you save money at the drug store?

No comments:

Post a Comment