Friday, January 4, 2013

Amongst the Living

One of the great things that I have experienced since our house fire is that it is good to be amongst the living! It has been a joy and a pleasure to hear from and receive ones who have wanted to express their love for me, personally. I recall at an early time in my walk with Jesus, while attending a funeral, the thought crossed my mind, “if I died, what would people say of me”.  That thought has shaped my life unto this day, for I recognized that my living must not be in vain. Though I never know if I truly am a light unto Jesus through my daily interactions with others, I do live life with that intention. But, what I do know is that my living has not been in vain.


For God has allowed me to see that I am loved by many and  that I would have been missed had He chose not to deliver me from the fire. What a blessing it has been to experience such love from God and his people, some of whom I don’t even know others who simply know of me. This experience has caused  me to pause and reflect on who I am and who’s I am. I recognize that He spared  me because he has a purpose for me to be amongst the living. I must say I am not clear on a specific purpose, but I am grateful to be alive. With that said, I look forward to what God has in store for me this year.  Happy New Year to you all!




2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Michele. You are loved and blessed and an inspiration. I count myself lucky to know you.

    ReplyDelete