Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Coupons + Sales Ads = Great Savings!

I have found that I get the greatest savings when I shop using the sales ads each week and match my coupons to those particular items.  My goal is to pay no more that $1 per item on my grocery list, except of course for meat and produce.  Using this method I have spent less and often times even gotten items FREE!


First of all, to make this work you must be willing to shop at more than one store...each week.  I know, I know  you think this is going to take more time, well, hopefully not.  In our area the major grocery stores are usually located in a 1-2 mile radius of each other making this very doable.  Next,  you will need to be organized and committed to sit down each week to print and cut coupons and browse and match your sales ads with the coupons you have gathered.  For me this takes about 3 hours and I do it on Sunday evenings usually with a coffee drink and one of my favorite snacks, while my children watch a movie with Daddy ;). And lastly, and most importantly you will need to plan and complete your shopping trip.

It's a good idea to plan your trip with your week's schedule in consideration.  For instance, my grocery stores are literally within 1 1/2 miles of my home so, I shop at every store on my list on one day, every week because this works best with our homeschool schedule.  If one trip is not going to work for you, I encourage you to plan your trips according to the events of the week.  Plan to shop at each store at your convenience, on purpose, when you know you will be in the vicinity of the store.  As long as you have your shopping list and your coupons in hand and you veer not from your plan it should only take you minutes to get the specific items that are on your list. Try it this week and let me know how it works for you!

If you need help getting started, plan to join me at my Coupon 101 Class, February 4, 6:30 p.m.  Make a comment on this blog and receive a discount...You and a friend can participate for just $5, for details contact me, 614-431-2307.

No comments:

Post a Comment