Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hot Fun in the Summertime!

I must say, I am looking forward to this summer! 

We are blessed to be back in our home where we will return to a few Bowie summer traditions as well as indulge in a few new actvities.  I have been busy the last couple of weeks putting together our family summer schedule and in the process I see that camps and activities are very expensive especially for our family of 8 children (of 10 that are still at home).  So, one thing I know for sure that we will do is continue with our weekly family fun camp, Virtue.

I was led to start Virtue Family Fun Camp about ten years ago.  I have it at our community park.  It consist of a picinic lunch, a book review, a creative writing time, a craft, an outside group activity, bible study and prayer; something for everyone, moms and children!

Virtue has been a good alternative to a weekly camp that I might enroll our children in.  It gives them exercise and fellowship. It is also a great way to keep my children reading and it gives them an opportunity to indulge in arts and crafts and  creative writing with others.

For me, it is an opportunity for sweet fellowship, and a time to be sharpened by my sisters in Christ.  I enjoy discusing God's word and praying with other women.  Over the years I have been encouraged and inspired through this camp as have our children.

Please consider joinimg us!  There is no commitment or cost, it is FREE for all and it is fun, fun, fun!  We meet weekly at Lazelle Woods Park, Lazelle Rd., Westerville, Ohio, 1:30-4:30 every Monday, June 9th - August 4th.

Leave a comment for more information.








No comments:

Post a Comment