Sunday, June 8, 2014

Called to be...A Proverbs 31 Woman

I have always been inspired by Proverbs 31:10-31, the word that speaks of a woman of God who has discipline, confidence, commitment, wisdom and grace, a Virtuous Woman.  It is evident that she accepted the call on her life with passion and dedication.

At first glance many are intimidated by her resume, for she is very well equipped by the Lord to live out the tasks placed before her.  I am not intimidated, but instead encouraged to know there was a woman after my own heart who strived consistently and accomplished  her responsibilities...daily fulfilled her call.  She is my Paul, my mentor, the one I esteem to be like.

It is so fitting that the Lord led me to study the Virtuous Woman during this season of my life.  I have need of sharpening, for the battle that I am in is an attack on my character, my commitment and my dedication to the Lord and his calling on my life. As I have indulged in this Word,  I have been convicted and convinced, insighted and encouraged.  I know I don't have all of the gifts and talents the Virtuous Woman had, but through this study my own gifts and talents have been illuminated.  My character and the lack thereof  has also been highlighted.  These revelations have given me opportunities to seek the Lord that I can be equipped and strengthened to walk, run and stand in the heat of the battle.  "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.", 2 Corinthians 10:4.

I believed every woman has been called to be virtuous, don't you?  Come and join me in this study of the Virtuous Woman this summer.   I will be using my own personal commentary on Proverbs 31:10-31 and "A Woman's Walk With God Growing in the Fruits of the Spirit, by Elizabeth George, every Monday afternoon at Lazelle Woods Park.  I wil have additional copies of this book at a cost of $12 each.



No comments:

Post a Comment