Saturday, June 14, 2014

Who Can Find A Virtuous Woman?

The apostle Paul is often admired as a "true" man of God, one many admonish.  Well, the Proverbs 31 Woman is my "Paul", the woman in whom I see Christ in and through, the woman I look up to...desire to be like.  She has been the model woman of God to me since I became a Christian.  I like to think I am like her in some ways.

As this year began, I sought the Lord for material to study that my heart and mind will be refreshed and renewed. He lead me to Proverbs 31:10-31.  I was instructed to take my time and study this Word, carefully, pondering it in my heart and to align my life as He leads.  I must say, I am excited!  For I am back at home with a more normal daily agenda and I am ready to embrace this season of life with integrity and grace.

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10, nothing like getting straight to the point.  This scripture, personally translated says to me, "Can You, Michele, Be Found To Be A Virtuous Woman?".  To be virtuous is to be morally excellent, upright before the Lord.  A Virtuous Woman is a woman of strength, wisdom and grace, a woman who fears God.

This question caused me to pause and examine my heart, my conduct and ask God to search me and reveal to me that which is not of Him.  The one thing the Lord showed me was the need for me to daily ask the Lord to fill my heart with the "fruits of the spirit".  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law", ' Galatians 5:22-23, that my responses to life will be a blessing.


...For her price is far above rubies.  For some, to be like the Proverbs 31Woman is an unattainable idea, for me she is a mentor worth following.  She is rare, she is full of value.  Thank you Lord for leading me along this path.

What do you think about the Proverbs 31 Woman?  Will you pray for me as I study this Word...will you join me in this pursuit of excellence?

No comments:

Post a Comment