Saturday, June 14, 2014

Our Children: Three Generations

It is said that a generation is the span of 10 years and our children range in age from 23-3 years old which means we have three generations of children; our quiver is certainly full!  With three generations, it can be very easy to over look ones and at times, though not on purpose, I am sure that I have.  Parenting is a choice and I am committed not to get weary, but to do well unto each child I have birthed and boy is it difficult at times.  When I say well I mean to personally care for their needs as their mother and to offer each one attention, affection, instruction and discipline, daily accepting my responsibility to train each one, of each generation.


God does not give me a pass because I have had ten children, no, but He does give me wisdom, strength and much grace and mercy.  I find myself seeking him often, sometimes several times a day for discernment and joy, for I know I can NOT do this by myself.  This week we allowed two more of our second generation of children to participate in a (FCA) sports camp leaving me with just a few at home to nurture and train.




What a joy and a pleasure it has been to look in these little guys faces each day this week, conversing with them and kissing on them.  I "want" to know them.  I am grateful for the opportunity to do ABC's and 123's with them.  Our week has been full as is my heart unto the Lord for his goodness and his grace.



I have also had the joy of watching our first generation of children do life independently this week as they have been busy at work, volunteering and participating in football camps.  It was once said to us that we should spend at least 15 minutes talking to each child, each day.  This practice has been a great investment.  Now, they regularly come to me with the days events, I just love these talks!  My greatest hope is that when my task of training them comes to an end, each one will choose to have a lifelong relationship with me, with us.  "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.  Her children arise up, and call her blessed..." Proverbs 31:


What about you...what is your greatest hope as a mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment