Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Gift of Grandparenting

To be chosen to be a mom and birth 10 children was a gift in and of itself and now the Lord has been so gracious to bless us with grandchildren and I am in awe with Jesus.  Since we have just one daughter it has been my prayer to be close to my grandchildren and their mothers and God has answered my prayer.
 
One of the greatest blessings about being a grandmother is having the opportunity to share the goodness of the Lord, intimately with yet another generation of Bowies.  It is such a joy to do life with MJ (MiKyle Jr.), which is our oldest grandson and soon with JJ (Jacob Justice) our newborn grandson.  When MJ is here during the weekday he is with us in the schoolroom, present for all the teachings and family devotions.  When he is with us on the weekends he is present for Sunday dinner and sweet fellowship.  But the times I enjoy most are when he is in the kitchen chatting with me as I cook and when he comes in my bedroom to spend one-on-one time with me.  During those times I tell him how special he is and that he is loved by God.  I remember doing the same thing with his dad and it laid a foundation of open communication and ministry opportinities and I look forward to blessing our grandchildren in the same way.



One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.  I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.  Psalms 145:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment