Saturday, June 15, 2013

We Are Overcomers

The good news of the construction being back in process comes with the revelation of  some "shifting" that has happen to our home, another bump in the road.  Obviously, the repair of the foundation of our home was not an option.  It was very necessary and very costly.  Unfortunately, the insurance company will not cover this as it is considered "a pre-existing condition".  I pray that we don't run into any more unexpected expenses. 


What a journey of faith unto the Lord this has been for us all, individually as well as collectively; we have overcome so much in Him.  God has been so merciful to carry us every step of the way.  He has provided us with a comfortable home, we've completed our school year and are now happily engaging in Summer fun i.e. bike riding, zoo visits and park fun all with items that we were blessed with (read more here http://michele-fruitofherhands.blogspot.com/2013/06/grateful-to-god-and-his-people.html).   


Each week Kelaiah and I diligently seek to find household items, furniture etc. on clearance and at thrift stores and garage sales that I can "renew" for our home and then the work begins...sanding, striping, staining and painting.
 
Great find!  I have been pricing ottomans...$100 and up






My cost for this solid wood ottoman...$6.99 + the cost of fabric!


I have learned so much about God and myself during this season.  He has given me gifts and talents for such a time as this.  He has also given me the will and desire to embrace this season instead of begrudging it as I would if I didn't have Him.


Our God is omniscient and for that I am glad.  Because He knows all and sees all, he is aware of what will happen and thus he has a plan.  A plan to give us wisdom, a plan to give us peace, a plan to give us joy and even a plan for our provisions. To sum it up, I am in awe with His lovingkindness and grace unto my family.  In the midst of this season, in Him I have peace and by His grace...we are overcomers!

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. in the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment