Wednesday, December 5, 2012

To know Him

It has been one month since we lost our home to the fire and praise God he has kept us close to Him and close to each other.  I consider myself a pretty strong, organized woman with much patience, but this trial is one of those situations that stretches you. I realize all my attributes, gifts and talents are simply not enough; I alone am inadequate:
Strong not sovereign...
Organized not omniscient...
Patient not perfect...
I need Him throughout each day.  There  have been so many things we do not know except to ask Jesus who is omniscient, other things that are beyond our control, so we seek him because he is sovereign and just when the day seems like it's going to be normal things happen that are beyond our control and patience just isn't enough, but, Jesus.  

 I wept at the thought of our loss today and then just gave the Lord praise because I am so glad to know Him.  I would not be standing with peace and joy if it were not for me truly knowing Him, his voice and his promises.  Please pray that when we (the Bowies) are weak we will simply call on His name and trust Him for he is our strong tower.  The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe. (Proverbs 18:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment