Friday, May 27, 2011

Motherhood is a Privilege


Growing up, I always liked children and the idea of being a mommy. I start babysitting when I was ten; I cared for my cousin as an infant. I had him almost every weekend for the first five years of his life. Very quickly did I find joy in nurturing and loving kids.

When I became a christian, I gave not only my heart to the Lord but my womb also. I committed to Him not to use any birth control, not with the idea of having a full quiver; it was truly out of submission and obedience unto Him, for spoke to my heart. God had great plans ahead.

He has been gracious unto me; I have birthed ten children and He has entrusted us to "train them unto Him. I know this is a privilege, for there are women who are barren and those who have had much difficultly to become pregnant. I am grateful to God for choosing my womb to bring forth His children and for giving me a heart that desires to serve Him as mother.

My children are a gift to me. They are given to me for such a time as this to nurture, to love, to
instruct and to discipline all unto His glory. I am unable to do this without Him, for they are His. He created them for his purpose and He has the plan for each of them. I am his vessel by which He choose to use, to aid in His plan and I am so grateful for the opportunity.

Parenting is not easy; but nothing worth doing is effortless. I am encouraged each day with each situation and circumstance that arises because I can and I do go to my heavenly father for His guidance for His children. He comforts me and gives me wisdom. He reminds me of how He nurtures and trains me as his child that I might see the model for my own situation. I have learned so much about myself and about who God is through this privilege of mothering.

Be encouraged my dear sisters for God will never leave you nor forsake you. Acknowledge today that your children are His children, seek Him and trust Him.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 30:31 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment