Saturday, July 2, 2011

You Can Make Money On Your Drugstore Purchases


I have been using coupons for years. It's one of the many things I learned from my grandma. It wasn't until a few years ago that I learned how to use the drugstore rewards programs and what a difference it has made in my savings in each week! CVS has a great rewards program. There is a true strategy to getting items you use everyday for incredibly low prices. I have even made money!

The CVS reward program is called the Extra Care Plan. Anyone can sign up for an Extra Care Card. Sign up in the store or online. With EVERY your purchase you’ll want to present your CVS card (or phone number attached to the card) to the cashier. Each quarter, the amount you spend in the store is totaled giving you back Extra Care Bucks. In addition, some of the store’s sales do not apply to your purchase unless you card is scanned. I was one of those people who had the card, utilize the sales, but did not know how to use the actual ECB rewards. While on vacation one year I met a lady at a park and she schooled me on how to take advantage of the theses rewards.

For those of you who may not be familiar, ECBs are found at the bottom of your receipt when you buy a weekly item that has an ECB reward. ECBs are CVS’s version of “monopoly money.” The “money” is only good at CVS locations. You do not want to throw this “money” out because it is spent at CVS like money. You can also “roll” your ECBs using ECBS to buy your next purchase of items that will grant you more ECBS. When you do this you are spending pennies out of your pocked but “recycling” CVS’s money. They carry an expiration date so it is very important to pay close attention to your ECBs. I can't tell you how many times I paid for just my taxes and received ECB's on that same transaction, making money on my purchase.

If you are interested in learning how to save or maybe even make money on your drugstore purchases plan to attend my Coupon 102 class this month.

What do shop for at CVS and how much do you usually save?

No comments:

Post a Comment